Saint Paul School of Theology Admissions
At Saint Paul School of Theology, we nurture theological scholars and leaders who profoundly impact the world. Our vibrant community fosters a spirit of inquiry, social justice and spiritual growth. If you're ready to embark on a transformative journey, explore our admissions information below to begin.
We welcome students who are passionate about theology and committed to making a difference. For admission consideration, students should meet the following basic requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
The Admissions Committee must approve any exceptions.
Required Application Materials:
An applicant must provide ALL materials for their desired degree to the Admissions Office by the application deadline. If all documents are not received by the deadline, the applicant’s file will be moved to the next semester. Every applicant must provide the following:
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (even if the credits appear on a primary transcripts).
- Letters of recommendation (see degree requirements for details)
- Personal statement addressing your ministry interests and goals
Why Choose Saint Paul?
by Jennifer Adams, SPST student:
Three things that make Saint Paul School of Theology a great seminary:
- Professors who maintain a genuine commitment to our spiritual formation alongside our academic growth. Saint Paul is clearly committed to ensuring that well-disciplined and spiritually mature laborers are ready for the various fields to which we will be sent.
- Love. Love. Love. Saint Paul manages to build a rich community amongst the students and staff, and you can definitely feel the love here.
- Saint Paul excels at creating safe, encouraging spaces for individuals of all races, ethnicities, creeds, orientations, identities, expressions, etc. To be a Saint Paul seminarian is to know that while you are hungrily chasing after God and learning more than you ever thought possible, you aren't hindered by questions of God's acceptance or love.
Proud to be a Saint Paul theologian!
Saint Paul made it to my top three schools when I was considering seminary. Anytime I attempted to take a step further with the other seminaries, God made it clear that Saint Paul was to be my home.
Deadline for Spring admission:
- October 1 - International Students
- November 1 - U.S. Residents
International Student Admissions
Our Admissions Department assists international students through the admissions process, including I-20 support.
International students should meet the basic admissions requirements in addition to providing:
Tuition & Fees
A theological education is an investment in the future. Saint Paul is committed to making seminary education affordable for those answering God’s call to serve and build a brighter tomorrow. The cost of seminary varies based on the degree program and scholarships or grants.
We provide transparency on tuition and fees and offer various financial aid options to help make your education more affordable. Learn more about the cost of attendance.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Saint Paul is dedicated to strengthening our students’ education journey through access to scholarships and financial aid, and we are proud that 100% of our students receive assistance in the form of scholarships. In fact, students’ admissions application is also their scholarship application.
In addition to scholarships, our Financial Aid Office guides students through the financial aid process. We’re here to ease the stress of managing the cost of seminary as students work toward their degree.
A campus tour lets you experience a day at Saint Paul! In-person visits are available on our Kansas and Oklahoma campuses, OR visit us virtually from wherever you happen to be! It’s an immersive way to learn about our degree programs and ask questions.
Here are a few of the ways you can explore Saint Paul:
- Worship with us
- Attend an on-campus, online or hybrid class
- Meet faculty and students
- Learn about degree requirements and curriculum
- Explore your scholarship and financial aid options
- Discuss the application process
Ready to Begin Your Transformative Journey?
Embrace the opportunity to shape your future and make a lasting impact on the world through theological scholarship and leadership at Saint Paul School of Theology. Join us in shaping a brighter, more compassionate community both in the church and in the larger world.
Contact Saint Paul School of Theology
Have questions about the application process or need to meet with an admissions counselor? Reach out — our team supports you every step of the way.