Scholarships and Financial Aid
Each One, Reach One 50% Scholarship for Masters Students
An Affordable Seminary
Saint Paul is committed to making an excellent education for ministry more affordable. The choice of a seminary is one of the most important decisions you will make on this incredible faith journey. Almost every Saint Paul student receives assistance in the form of scholarships. That's because we offer a range of seminary scholarships for our Master’s degree programs.
Your admissions application is also your scholarship application. You can finance your education at Saint Paul with a combination of institutional scholarships, church support, and annual conference assistance.
At Saint Paul School of Theology, the Financial Aid Office takes the faith journey along with you by guiding you through the financial aid process and helping ease the stress of managing the costs of your seminary degree.
Applying for Financial Aid for Seminary
- Apply and be accepted to Saint Paul School of Theology.
Upon acceptance to Saint Paul, you will be notified about a scholarship for which you may be eligible.
- If you are applying for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, you will complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after October 1 and before April 1. You must file online at fafsa.ed.gov. Saint Paul’s Federal School code is G02509.
- You will receive a SAR (Student Aid Report) from the federal processor which should be checked for accuracy and corrected if necessary.
- You will receive a comprehensive Financial Aid Award Letter listing the types and amounts of all financial assistance available to you. This includes Saint Paul and federal financial assistance.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office about any outside scholarships that you have received. You can reach us at email@example.com
- If you are awarded a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, and you are a first time borrower at Saint Paul, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling. This can be accomplished at studentloans.gov.
- Accept your financial aid awards by signing and returning a copy of your award letter to the Financial Aid Office.
Seminary Scholarships and Awards
Students at Saint Paul can receive one of the following awards if they meet the necessary criteria.
Saint Paul offers a range of general scholarships to entering master’s students. The scholarships come from donors that have not specified the funds go to a Named Endowed Scholarship. Once you have been officially accepted into Saint Paul, your undergraduate transcripts will be reviewed to determine eligibility for a general scholarship.
Named Endowed Scholarships
Saint Paul offers a range of named endowed scholarships available to entering master’s students. These scholarships are only available to students that meet the donor’s requirements. Once you have been officially accepted into Saint Paul, your undergraduate transcripts will be reviewed to determine eligibility for a named endowed scholarship.
Endowed End of Year Awards
Awards are given at the end of the academic year for students who have achieved a superior level of excellence in designated areas of study or contribution to the Saint Paul community. The awards are selected by the faculty and credited to a student’s account toward a future term’s tuition.
Full Tuition Scholarship Fellows Program
The full-time tuition scholarship, for masters students entering in the fall semester, prepares exceptional students for creative leadership and service. The Fellows Program provides three years of funding, covering seminary books and educational fees, to those pursuing a master's degree.
Advance Course of Study Award
Award will be offered based on need.
Certificate in Theological Formation Award
Award will be offered based on need.
Scholarships and Grants from Outside Sources
The Financial Aid Office provides information to applicants and current students about potential outside sources of educational support. Students should also check with their denomination and local church to see what assistance may be available. Outside Scholarship Notification Form Submission of this form and any supporting documentation must be received no later than JULY 1st for Fall Semester OR DECEMBER 1st for Spring Semester.