Saint Paul School of Theology announces a new FLEX schedule for theological education. Students will receive a more Flexible Learning EXperience that combines convenience and community opportunities with intentional academic scheduling.
Benefits of New Course Offering Structure
- Convenience: Our Flexible Learning Experience will give you the flexibility and accessibility necessary to accommodate your busy schedules.
- Cost: With FLEX, you will incur less commuting expenditures for a more affordable education.
- Community: FLEX builds on the Saint Paul tradition of incorporating theological learning with the practice of ministry, spiritual formation and community building among faculty, peers, and seasoned pastors.
FLEX Schedule- Choose What’s Best for You
Consult with your Saint Paul faculty advisor to plan a FLEX schedule that will fit your learning style and life situation. You may choose all online and hybrid courses in one semester, and all on-campus in another. Take a mixture of online, on-campus (residential), and hybrid (blended online and on-campus) courses to complete the required curriculum. Saint Paul will offer two sections of each course continuing with a full schedule of residential courses along with a hybrid or online course offering.
For those students taking hybrid courses, the maximum time on-campus may be only 2-3 times a year.
Each of the on-campus FOCUS weeks will be intentional community building weeks for hybrid and on-campus students that incorporate:
- Course work
- Spiritual formation retreats
- Practicums: workshop-style classes that teach ministry skills. (i.e. funeral planning, using technology in worship, financial reporting)
- Special learning experiences with faculty, peers, and seasoned pastors
FOCUS weeks will be scheduled for one week of the fall semester, one week of the spring semester and one week in the summer.