Saint Paul School of Theology Academics
Led by faith and driven by our commitment to form Christ-centered leaders, Saint Paul offers robust academic programs for students across the nation and internationally. Our students explore scripture and tradition as they gain diverse, contextual experiences that prepare them for ministry careers.
Discover a theology degree program that inspires your faith and builds lasting, intentional relationships with the Saint Paul School of Theology community!
Why Pursue a Seminary Education at Saint Paul?
- Adaptable learning formats: We offer online theology courses and FLEXible schedules for students around the nation and internationally, supporting them as they maintain their commitments while pursuing their degrees.
- Welcome diverse perspectives: At Saint Paul, we challenge students to make connections between viewpoints and consider perspectives that may differ from their own, enabling them to approach their work with empathy and care.
- Renowned faculty: Composed of engaged scholars and leaders in the field, our faculty nurtures students through their educational journey and encourages them to deepen their understanding through didactic and experiential learning opportunities.
- Affordability: We prioritize making students’ education more affordable by connecting them with scholarships and financial aid resources, including the Each One, Reach One scholarship, which offers 50% off tuition for all enrolled, degree-seeking students.
- Accreditation: In alignment with our dedication to providing a robust education, Saint Paul School of Theology is an accredited seminary recognized by the Association of Theological Schools and the Higher Learning Commission. Discover more about accreditation.
Theology Degrees and Programs
Offered in an on-campus, hybrid, or fully online format, all of the academic programs at Saint Paul School of Theology help students earn their theology degree in a structure most convenient to them. Our two campus locations provide in-person instruction to those in the Leawood, Kansas, or Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, areas.
A graduate theology education from Saint Paul enables individuals to advance their vocation and better serve their ministry community. With both a breadth and depth of study, students experience on-campus or online theology master’s degree courses that challenge them to reach their full potential.
Saint Paul offers the following theology master’s degree programs:
Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
Ideal for religious professionals seeking to advance their education, the Doctor of Ministry provides a comprehensive academic program focused on leading in times of change. Students in this program graduate equipped to apply contextual analysis to contemporary issues to reach solutions grounded in social justice.
The Saint Paul Deacon Studies program suits individuals pursuing deacon ordination in the United Methodist Church. Our program empowers students to enact change and impact their community as they connect those most in need with the church. Students leave the program prepared to serve as teachers, leaders, and disciples of Christ.
UM Course of Study School
Licensed local pastors find our United Methodist Course of Study School a supportive environment as they deepen their faith and understanding in this continuing education program. Developed by the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry, the program offers year-round intensive learning experiences in foundational and functional classes in theory and application.
Earn Your Theology Degree Online or On-Campus at Saint Paul School of Theology
An exciting future awaits you at Saint Paul, where you delve deeply into theological theory and application to develop skills that impact your community. Learn more about joining us by requesting more information about one of our rigorous graduate theology programs!