Have you ever felt the nudge to answer God’s Call? Are you ready to start something new in ministry but don’t know where to begin? Trust the nudge.
A seminary degree from Saint Paul School of Theology will prepare you to become an ordained minister or pursue a more specialized career in ministry.
Here are some things to keep in mind while you complete the necessary steps.
#1: Know the Deadlines
Saint Paul has the following deadlines for Fall admission:
- January 31: priority deadline for scholarships
- May 1: final deadline for international students seeking admission
- July 1: final deadline for fall admission
When completing your application, allow sufficient time to gather all of the required materials.
#2: Complete the Application Form
The quickest way to apply to Saint Paul is to fill out our online application.
You can set up an account using your current email address and begin working on your application today. You may save your application and return to it later, and update your account information at any time.
If you’d like a printable PDF version of the application, send a request by email to email@example.com.
#3: Get Transcripts and Recommendations
In addition to your online application, you will need to submit academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
- Transcripts. Contact the registrars at all previous colleges, universities or seminaries you have attended and have them send official transcripts to Saint Paul School of Theology, Attn: Admissions, 13720 Roe Avenue, Building C, Leawood, KS 66224. Admission to Saint Paul requires a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, with a GPA of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Recommendations. Seek recommendations from individuals who can attest to your character, interests and academic abilities. Examples might include pastors, supervisors or instructors. Recommendation forms are included with your online application, so you can access them once your account is created.
#4: Submit a Personal Statement
Your personal statement is a special document that tells why you feel called to seminary, along with the life experiences that have influenced your decision. Saint Paul requires a statement of 2-4 typed, double-spaced pages that demonstrate writing skills appropriate for graduate-level coursework.
All personal statements should indicate your plans following completion of your degree at Saint Paul. Other requirements vary depending on which degree you are seeking.
- Master of Divinity or Master of Arts in Christian Ministry. Describe your background in the Christian faith and what has influenced you to pursue a life in ministry. Talk about your ministry area of interest, your status with your denomination in preparation for ministry, and areas in need of personal growth and development.
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies. Describe your personal goals and interest in advanced theological study. Explain which concentration, competency or discipline will be the focus of your degree.
#5: Background Check and Application Fee
All applicants to Saint Paul must complete and sign a background check disclosure and authorization form.
Background checks are conducted for all admitted students. The cost is the responsibility of the applicant and is paid directly to our third-party provider, Castlebranch.com.
A nonrefundable application fee of $50 will be due when you submit your application.
Do you have questions about applying for seminary? Call our Admissions Office at (913) 725-8289 or contact us online.
Congratulations on your decision, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Saint Paul family!